1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Re-Writing History?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So flipping through this evening, I put on NFL Network because they advertise the tuck rule game being played, between Oakland and New England. As luck would have it I turned it on just as New England was getting the ball back down by 3, to start their eventual game tying drive. And sure enough the game ended with a Vinateiri FG in overtime.

But in between all that I seemed to remember something significant happening, outside of two field goals. Something sort of controversial. A dispute about a sack, or maybe a fumble, or something like that. Thankfully the NFL saw fit to erase any such memory, evidence, or even comment about any of that. History will show it ended up being just some sort of typical comeback at the end.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Is there still a Raider Nation to care about storming the NFL Network offices?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

With history like this, the Cleveland Browns could have won three Super Bowls!

(ducking ...)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kinda like how you never see Franco Harris actually catch the ball in the Immaculate Reception game. The fact the ball actually hit the ground probably doesn't have anything to do with that though...

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oz, outofplace and 93Devil have no idea why they just started punching the nearest wall.

6. Headbutt, did you catch the NFL Network's Top Ten Bad Weather Games of all Time? The Pats-Raiders Game was No.2 and the tuck rule controversy was prominent. (Incidentally, Fog Bowl was No. 3 and the Ice Bowl was No. 1).

I'm surprised they didn't show at least a bit of the clusterfuck on the field.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

In a bar, out of town the other night...
    A man rose from his bar stool, and euphemistically speaking as he headed to the men's room, said:

"Hold on you guys.
    I have to go take the Browns to the Super Bowl."

I had a chuckle or two.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Using the length of an NFL football, Franco's height and Euclidean geometry, scientists have proven the ball never hit the ground.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow. That is the most worthless use of science I've ever seen.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Google "worthless use of science" and you will see that Doc has made Internet history. Congratulations.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... thanks?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Congrats. Let Google cycle a day or two and you are the proud papa of a Google whack.

To clarify, "worthless use of science" (typed in quotes) has never popped up before in a Google search. You are a true groundbreaker.

Draft saved Draft deleted