1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Pro Bowl announcement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DyePack, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yes, but he leads the league in TD's as well. I think he's leading the league in drops because of all the injuries he's had to deal with. He had surgery earlier in the season and,recently, he's been diagnosed with ligament damage(or something like that). He had the option to have another surgery but he decided to play through the pain.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, but since player and coach votes count, and T.O. is generally considered a dickhead and team cancer, I can't say I'm surprised that he wasn't voted in. That's the price he pays for being a twatwaffle.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh don't get me wrong. I think he's definitley twatwaffle material.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Brady vs. Rivers, I can't stand Brady. But he didn't have an LT or a Gates to help take the pressure off him. The backs have been decent, but nothing more, for the Pats.

I just wonder whether Rivers would have the same success with the Patriots this season as Brady did. I doubt it, but you go off the seasons they've had and that's it.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

T.O. is a moron. He could have had double his numbers and I wouldn't have voted for him.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Rivers never seems to do anything to HURT his team's chances to win. Brady has done more of that this season than in his past five.

7. The wrong NE D lineman made it. Or at least they're one short.
    Ty Warren's having a huge year.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If only Owens & Brady were more famous.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sunday's kind took some tarnish off Rivers for me. I don't doubt that he deserves to go based on better numbers/fewer mistakes. But Brady is doing what it takes for his team to win games, which is what the position is about.

Tough call and someone can't go. I'm fine either way.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not like Rivers isn't helping his team win games, too. Probably moreso than he gets credit for with Tomlinson on the team.

Oz, you should know this from the game he had against the Steelers. Tomlinson did absolutely nothing that night and Rivers responded with the best game of his young career.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I did say that I'm fine either way.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know. I was more making the point that as Steeler fans, we should both be well aware of what Rivers is capable of because we saw him come through against Pittsburgh in what was probably Tomlinson's worst game of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted