1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I found it interesting the Cowboys took the train from Oxnard to San Diego. I don't know if even teams in the Northeast Corridor do this. I just figured everybody flew no matter the distance.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I know there are rules in college sports stating teams must bus or train if the campus they're traveling to is within a certain radius -- say, 200 miles.

I wonder if the NFL is the same way?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Jerry Jones must be concerned about his carbon footprint.

4. Football_Bat

Bussing across the middle of Pennsylvania is one thing.

Bussing down the 405 is quite another.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Awesome.

(Though I'm guessing you heard it somewhere else.)

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm never starting another thread.

7. Football_Bat

The thing about it is, it takes less than 45 minutes to fly, and about three hours to bus (two of those would've been stop-and-go through LA proper). The train trip took five hours, I'm told.

Jerry Jones just wanted to have the guys experience what it was like for teams in the old days.

I guess Jerry, who himself probably flew with the Hogs to all the SWC outposts in the 60s, got a snootful of Amtrak travel.

8. several do

it's not

9. Football_Bat

No ill effects from the train ride. Dallas' starters are devouring San Diego's makeshift O-line early. The Cowboys' offense is clicking, too. Their starters won't be out there long.

I can't wait to see the second-teamers and camp fillers and see if any of them can show anything. Unlike most.

10. Football_Bat

Amendola just fumbled away a punt return. So much for Wes Welker Lite.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That's a shame too because that kid has been lighting it up at camp.

12. Football_Bat

Well, thank goodness the Dallas scrubs won't be the ones playing 16 games. Pacman was rusty, and it showed. The DBs were out of position all night. But it's preseason, and it was what it was. I'm really liking Felix Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted