1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

All I know is I am happy that football is back on. Football makes me happy. And feel free to make fun of me for it. It won't matter. 'Cause I am HAPPY!

2. Haven't read that one either. Is it worth looking at?

3. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Gray > Sorgi

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm so glad the NFL games are back, even if it is preseason. I'm sick of this never-ending baseball garbage. Enough already.

I watched the entire game tonight and thought Brennan was fantastic. Made some really tough throws look pretty damn easy. Not bad for a system quarterback.

Marcus Mason also looked really good, and Hart ran tough.

The game was actually pretty good despite the starters playing a series or two.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Can we please stop with the "Brennan's a system quarterback" shit. Every quarterback's a system quarterback.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

One of my colleagues said -- following Georgia's dismantling of Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl -- that he would retire from sports writing if Colt Brennan made it out of an NFL team's training camp.

Might want to start checking the jobs board, there may be a position opening. :)

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I was giddy as all hell when I came across the game last night. I'll take round-the-clock meaningless NFL preseason games over even one minute of Olympics horseshit any day.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like that football is back, but the preseason is worthless unless a player gets hurt. I take that back, it is worthwhile to see if a late round pick (Colt for example) seems to have enough skill to be a factor on the team.

To gauge starters or teams overall ability in these games is futile.

I think when the Steelers won the Super Bowl, they did not have the first team offense score a touchdown the entire preseason.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If memory serves, the '85 Bears didn't win a game in the preseason.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Amen. Looking back, I prolly should have used the blue font on that line.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't care much for the first preseason games. The third one is generally when most teams play their starters longer anyway.

But once the season begins, I'm a football junkie. Taking a couple years off from fantasy football helped me to enjoy the game for its sake rather than stay up until 2 a.m. hoping that Javon Walker would get shut out by the Broncos secondary on a Monday night game when I have to be up early to cover a murder trial.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

FT, one cure is to be in so many leagues that you just don't care.

You just look up what happened Monday morning and take it from there.

I agree though. I hate it when the words "my fantasy team" are said from 1 pm Sunday to 12:30 am Tuesday morning.

Anyone who turns off their favorite team to see who scores a TD in the Dolphins game is just sick.

Draft saved Draft deleted