1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Considering that he might not be able to play for half the season, my guess is that nobody goes after Johnson. Kenny Watson will also receive carries, and he has lots of upside. They had little use for Rudi. Hamstring injuries aren't minor. It's a significant tear of a very large muscle. Sometimes, they require surgery to repair.

2. I knew about the hammies last year, but I didn't know the injuries were still bothering him.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Yep. The hamstring has kept him off the field for much of training camp. He was out of practice until about a week ago, when it became clear he wouldn't be traded. I think he's also a little miffed that he loses goal-line carries.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Willie Anderson's leadership and attitude, along with his performance through some terrible seasons there, deserved a better fate.

I understand the concept that it's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late. But Anderson has withstood some of the most unprofessional ignorance and stupidity in sports, and did it with dignity. Cincinnati doesn't have enough of these guys ... so of course, cutting Anderson and re-signing Chris Henry was a stroke of genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted