1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Preseason - The Glossing Over of Vince Young's, uhh, Troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Tirico and the gang with a ridiculous fairy tell version of Vince Young's recent career. He had a bad game and later that night ran out of the house with a gun prompting a call to the police and APB for Vince, but he came back, took over the scout team, and regained the squad's confidence by getting "back to normal." Yes, because what you want to see after someone goes berserk after a game is for them to go back to acting the same way that led up to the breakdown. They also mentioned the strip club incident this summer which was a case of Vince, perhaps under a hypnotic spell, being in the wrong place.

But, Vince is back to normal now, everything is perfect, and they all lived happily ever after. (And don't ask why I'm surprised. I'm not. Just pointing it out.)

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

HE'S A WINNER! YOU'RE A RACIST! [/BYH]

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Doesn't have anything to do with Young - but I get sick of "he's married/divorced/just had a kid with his girlfriend/gone through rehab/his parent died after a long illness" so now he's primed for a big season kind of stories.
    I'm pretty sure Darryl Strawberry had everyone of those stories written about him.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I understand why people are tired of those stories. And I understand why people get cynical.

But from experience: Having a child can change absolutely everything. It did for me. I made one huge mistake a few weeks after my first child was born. Looking at that little face after that was crushing, and I decided then and there I would never let him down again.

I just don't think we should all discount those narratives out of hand. These guys are human, and many go through the same maturation processes that we do, with the same mile posts.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I REALLY LIKE VINCE YOUNG. HE HAS NICE ATHLETICISM AND CAN REALLY KEEP A DEFENSE MODEST. I REALLY LIKE VINCE YOUNG - John Gruden.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now you're getting it!

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, while VY gets way too much credit for the Titans' success, at least he's not Matt Leinart. That guy is in waaaay over his head. I love how a guy who's never done shit in the league goes all Dan Marino on the receiver when he throws a pass that's 10 yards off target. Doosh peaked in college.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

In more ways than one, I suspect.

His future wife will be more of the Janet Sosna variety than the Kelly Taylor or Claire Arnold variety.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, unless you say Vince Young is the second coming of Montana, BYH thinks you're a racist. There's no in-between.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

No. I just think you're a racist.

Do you have any more advice for Stephen Strasburg about toughing it out, smart guy?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't speak geek. Who the fuck are these people?

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

People clearly had it backwards with Leinart when they thought it was crazy for him to return to USC for his senior year. Clearly he was just trying to maximize his earnings before he had to take a pay cut to go to a much more difficult league.

Draft saved Draft deleted