1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 30, 2009.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

NFC North champion: Packers
    NFC West champion: Seahawks
    NFC East champion: Eagles
    NFC South champion: Saints
    Wild Card: Bears
    Wild Card: Falcons

AFC North champion: Steelers
    AFC West champion: Chargers
    AFC East champion: Patriots
    AFC South champion: Titans
    Wild Card: Bills
    Wild Card: Browns

NFC Champion: Bears
    AFC Champion: Patriots
    Super Bowl Champion: Patriots

MVP: Tom Brady
    Defensive player of the year: Troy Polamalu
    Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Maclin
    Coach of the Year: Bill Belichick
    First coach fired: Marvin Lewis

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shaun Hill is a lot better than he's given credit for. Not flashy, but he just seems to win ballgames. Give me him over Alex Smith, that's for sure. Plus, with Frank Gore back there, it's not like the QB has to win games by himself.

I don't think the Niners are all that good, but Singletary seems to be the type of guy who can really get something out of nothing. 9-7 will be more than enough to win that division. Cards just seem like the perfect candidate for the Super Bowl runner-up swoon.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

More than a few people on here are leaving the Giants out of the playoffs. Really?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I say this as someone who picked the Giants, but I'm sure plenty of people are still skeptical of Eli Manning. And if you take into account the general rule of thumb that two teams in each conference that make the playoffs one year don't make it the next, someone's gotta go ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh. I definitely left the Giants out of the playoffs in my predictions on the previous page. Doh!

Then again, I'm a Redskins fan, so I can easily be accused of picking them ahead of the Giants based only on my homer ways.

I hereby retract my Skins pick and insert the Giants. Kind of a no-brainer, actually.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I believe that's also the case with the Panthers, and there is now way they're the top seed. Delhomme is not consistent enough.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The NFC East is not nearly as good as it might have looked a couple months ago. Eli's got his usual issues. The Cowboys are a chemistry train wreck. The Redskins are...the Redskins. And this whole Vick thing is going to be a nightmare for the Eagles.

Someone's going to stumble to the finish line there and win it at 9-7 or 10-6. I wasn't going to pick the Giants, but they're a better bet than anyone else there.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think people are aware of what happened to the Giants after they lost Plaxico last season. That's one team that should be calling the Donkeys to find out just what it would take to pry Brandon Marshall away.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

No effing way do the Giants try to replace one idiot with a guy who seems even dumber.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Oakland of my youth would have Vick and Marshall by now in uniform and practicing.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Oakland of my youth would have Rae Carruth lining up with Marshall at WR.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really don't see how people are picking the Steelers to repeat as SB champs.

Of course, I still don't know how they won the SB last year with that OL. And it just got worse today with Stapleton going down for the season. Trai Essex, come on down. You're the new starting right guard.

Draft saved Draft deleted