1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL pre-season and news thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did a Sporcle quiz yesterday and was surprised to find there are fewer QBs in the HOF than there are teams in the NFL. I have to think a few more from 70s and 80s might be joining. Maybe it's just my foggy memory, but Simms, Esiason, Stabler, Ken Anderson, Bartkowski, John Brodie, Jim Hart, Theismann, Bert Jones and Plunkett all "seemed" to be HOF-worthy, at least at one time or another.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What's the over/under on how many times the Packers unretire his number?

3. Morris816

Morris816 Member

I will say that I would take Marino over Favre. In fact, one could make the argument that Marino is underrated, simply because some people think that just one Super Bowl trip and no ring is a strike against Marino.

4. Not counting kickers ..
    What position has the fewest number of HOFers? QBs?

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Coaches reportedly have been unhappy with his effort, so this was the last straw. My guess is he offers an apology soon and is back by next week.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I would guess TE.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It was obvious that there was an issue when he was with The Giants, Otherwise
    they would have never let him leave after 1 year. He seems like a big talker
    and never quite meshed with Eli

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Offensive guard is probably not a large number, either.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Sisters, plural? IIRC, he only has one and was quite a peace of work.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Based on my keen knowledge of the NFL ;). Really not overthinking it. Just a quick
    gun to my head gut feel. I want The Snake. In 1976 he was NFL player of the year.

Was his career overall as good as Favre- no but in his prime with The Raiders he
    put up some good numbers. For most of his prime The NFL was playing 14 games
    so overall numbers are lower. For example Favre in 1995 had 570 attempts. Stabler in
    1976 had 291.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Cocaine > pain pills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.