1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If Mike Curtis was in on it, he's put on a hell of an acting job since.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wasn't the explanation that a ton of people in the end zone seats were wearing blue and he didn't see the receiver in the blue jersey against the same colored background?

3. BTExpress

A touch of blue here or there, but no team gear that fans like to wear today (that stuff didn't exist in 1969, which really pissed me off as a kid). Bad explanation.

[​IMG]

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

WABC also had Cousin Brucie, who was almost as cool as Namath.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Author of the immortal quote, "The day they invent the cure for acne, that day I am out of business."

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Back and to the left. Back. And to the left!"

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Running low on wahmbulances in the Big Easy.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That's got to be the greatest section front ever.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

NFL fines Coleman for the hit.
    That's incredible.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I read it was the colts marching band was moving through the end zone seats to get ready for half time. But @BTExpress’ photo doesnt show anything, I can’t find anything and YouTube shows FAMU band playing.

11. BTExpress

Tom Matte blamed himself in an interview with John Steadman. Said his pass back to Morrall made Morrall reach to his right and turn his body, partially obscuring the field of vision to his left.

Utter bullshit. Pass was a little soft, but Morrall caught it right in front of his body and didn't reach for it at all.

But then Steadman adds, "The Jets were putting on pressure and the Colts quarterback's reflexive intuitions told him he better expedite whatever it was he was going to do."

THERE WAS NO PRESSURE. The only player facing less of a defensive presence than Morrall on the play . . . was Orr. It was as close as NFL possible to a game of catch in the backyard. Except Morrall tries to throw the ball over the house and hit the mailman instead.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted