1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it should be a touchback. Also think the NFL will throw ESPN a bone and let the call stand.

Funny how Frank Reich, the last coach hired last year, who inherited half a coaching staff from some other guy - is doing so well. It's almost like GMs have no idea what they should be looking for in a coach.

Haven't watch a lot of MNF this year - but this team would be no better than the third team on CBS or Fox.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Even mor inane that Booger was a defensive tackle.

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I don't know, it seems to me you lack self-respect if you own a nickname like Booger. Really?

I guess Mantan, Stepin Fetchit, Sleep n Eat, Sunshine and Snowflake were already taken.

4. heyabbott

Reich checks few boxes. He wasn’t a star, he wasn’t a starter, didn’t come from a blue chip college program, he’s white and has no Super Bowl rings.

5. DanOregon

But can he coach? Too many GMs (and ADs for that matter) seem more intent on winning the press conference than anything else. Who cares if it works out - you got the "hot guy."

Granted, Reich inherited the best QB of all the newbies (though nobody knew if he was healthy).

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Chiefs open -6 in the Saturday early game next week. I'll take those points. Hell, I like the Colts straight up.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Curtis Armstrong was Booger in Revenge of the Nerds
    He also was in Risky Business and Moonlighting
    Name didn't seem to hurt him
    That makes two fairly successful Boogers

8. DanOregon

9. DanOregon

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

A QB without playoff experience is always a concern. But man, Mahomes seems fearless.

11. heyabbott

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Colts played a super solid game today. Given KC's defense, you have to think Indy's a very live dog.

Draft saved Draft deleted