1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes. Not top 5, but easily top half

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Top half? Interesting, he seems wildly inaccurate to me but he also has a great imaginative coach that helps.

3. RickStain

Outside of the national TV game where he was coming off a hurt shoulder, he’s been very accurate in the last 3/4ths of the season.

I suspect people are basing their opinion on his rookie year and the Rams game

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He seems to have happy feet when I've seen him play.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’m not surprised the Eagles are favored, but I am surprised the line is 6 at Soldier Field. That’s crazy money.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bears are favored by -6.5, not Eagles.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He's fine. I feel like he's somewhere in the 10 to 20 range. I think you can win a Super Bowl with him, but I also think you can wash out in the first round with him despite a good defense.

RickStain likes this.
  8. RickStain

Agreed. And I'm pretty sure I've doomed him to a clunker of a game in this thread.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If anyone knows to keep his foot on the pedal with a big lead in a playoff game, it's Frank Reich.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured if Houston was ever going to do anything, this would be the year. No injuries to key players or other turbulence. They look like dreck.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"They don't pay you as defensive linemen to bat balls"

Yes, Booger, they do. Your job is to disrupt the play however you can. Getting to the QB is ideal but a receiver can't score if you knock the ball down.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This was a particularly inane insight even for this crew in a game where one of the passes Watt swatted turned into an INT.

Draft saved Draft deleted