1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like the Seahawks. Granted they beat the Saints...I just don't think the Cowboys are that good.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the Cowboys just caught the Saints at the right time and in the right place. I certainly don't think they would do it again in the playoffs, in part because the game would be in the Superdome.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think the teams are very similar -- except Seattle has a much better QB. That should make the difference. I'll take Seattle, too.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Cowboys with no expectations, I think they're gonna beat Seattle. Chargers, I think, will actually dominate the Ravens and could be a blowout, with a lot of turnovers from Lamar Jackson. Nick Foles over the Bears in the surprise upset of the weekend. The Colts and the Texans game will end in a tie

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised that the line for Bears-Eagles is -6. Like, we're dealing with hurt Foles, but Mitchell Trubisky is still the quarterback of the other team. No outcome from this game would surprise me.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I feel like if you hurt Foles for the playoffs, you've only made him and his weird late-season transformations into Dan Marino even stronger.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I like the two road teams in the AFC. I think the Bears win and the Seahawks pull out a close one.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have the stomach to bet on any of these first-round games. They all look like evenly-matched games to me.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Colts
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Bears.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Do people not realize Trubisky is a good quarterback?

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We've got our new Joe Flacco, don't we?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He is?

Draft saved Draft deleted