1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoffs running thread (with poll)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 30, 2013.

?

Who wins the Super Bowl?

1. Seahawks

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Panthers

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Eagles

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Packers

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 49ers

9 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Saints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Broncos

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  8. Patriots

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Bengals

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Colts

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  11. Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  12. Chargers

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The Minnesota loss not withstanding, the Eagles seem to be peaking at the right time. I'm taking them in a very balanced NFC. Denver in the AFC.

Denver over Philadelphia in the Super Bowl.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Percy Harvin's Twitter account declares Percy Harvin ready to kick some ass again.

Percy Harvin ✔ @Percy_Harvin
    And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire ....
    4:15 PM - 30 Dec 2013

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-12-30/nfl-playoffs-2014-percy-harvin-injury-update-seahawks-bye-week

What this does is totally change the way a team would prepare to play the Seahawks.

Even if he walks out in street clothes, the other team has spent a lot of preparation time and energy thinking the Seahawks have a legit threat in the secondary.

New England would be proud of how the Seahawks have played this.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Only 1 team, Arizona, with a winning record didn't make the playoffs.
    There were 6 .500 teams, 7 teams with 8 total wins and 12 teams with 7-9 wins.
    A crappy year or a boring year for the NFL, or both?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What exactly made it a boring and crappy year?

6. LongTimeListener

I don't know how you could say it was boring. I'd buy crappy, because so many games were decided by mistakes and flat-out brainlock, but that means more unpredictability and excitement.

When the dynasty teams were rolling, it was a lot more predictable. For the 49ers of the 1980s or the Cowboys of the '90s or the early Belichick Patriots, there were only three or four games a year they could possibly lose. The rest were no-doubters from the opening kickoff.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I picked the 49ers to get there at the start of the year but now that Seattle has home field, I don't see that happening.

Seattle-Denver, old AFC West hoedown, in the Meadowlands.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many times have we had two teams playing head to head for the same playoff spot on the last day if the season? We had it twice this Sunday.

9. LongTimeListener

It has happened five of the last six years on the NBC game at least, and I'm pretty sure there have been a few others too.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This was the third straight year Dallas was involved in such a situation.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You guys are a tough crowd. I wouldn't think to check the number of .500 teams to decide if this was a shitty season.

The snow weekend, the two head-to-head week 17 matchups, the close games, the incredible endings.... I honestly can't remember a better NFL season. And getting to see it all, commercial free, via the red zone? It was a fantastic experience.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And, of course, the Cowboys lost all three, one to each of the other teams in the division.

Draft saved Draft deleted