1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoffs running thread (with poll)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 30, 2013.

?

Who wins the Super Bowl?

1. Seahawks

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Panthers

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Eagles

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Packers

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 49ers

9 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Saints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Broncos

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  8. Patriots

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Bengals

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Colts

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  11. Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  12. Chargers

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Predictions:

Packers over 49ers
    Saints over Eagles

Seahawks over Saints
    Packers over Panthers

Seahawks over Panthers

Colts over Chiefs
    Bengals over Chargers

Broncos over Colts
    Pats over Bengals

Broncos over Pats

Broncos over Seahawks in Super Bowl - have to go with prediction I had before season

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My understanding was NBC got first pick of the games for the Saturday prime time game. Why in the fuck would you take Eagles-Saints over Niners-Packers?

3. Mizzougrad96

So, the Panthers are losing twice? :D

4. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

So what's the big controversy that will disqualify the Packers after their win over the Panthers? Mike McCarthy having sex with towel boys in the shower?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Division champs are guaranteed 3 of the top 4 seeds. The NBA throws a bone to the possibility of ONE powerful second-place team, but that's all.

Right now the Raptors (13-15) would get the fourth seed, and the winner in that sorry division gets home court in the first round of the playoffs. No matter what.

And Washington, a team with a better record than Toronto, would not get home court advantage vs. the Raptors.

6. Mizzougrad96

If, or when, they go to 14 or 16 teams next season, I think they'll change how they do the seedings.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That can happen when you have a career backup at QB.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Do you think if they expanded they'd go to the 14 or a full 16? The byes you can take them or leave them, but they've had them forever and it's worked. But you go to a full 16 and you almost guarantee some shitty team somewhere in. I know that happens now and it would eliminate things like this year's Cardinals missing out, but you'd have what, the Jets (or Ravens?) and the Steelers filling out the AFC? And the Cowboys or the Bears in the NFC. That's three 8-8 teams. Surely you'd have years with a couple of teams with losing records fighting to get in. Just seems watered down to me. I guess more football is good, but I think I'd like to see them just try seven aside if they do anything and give the top seed a bye.

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't think they'll ever go to 14, but that was the number Goodell threw out there the last time the issue came up. Only one team with a bye? That seems stupid.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Would they have a better chance if it were a round later?

11. Mizzougrad96

I think so. My guess is the Seahawks are going to spend all of this week getting ready as if they're playing the Niners next week.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right about the 49ers. But I'm concerned about their pass defense after seeing Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer shred it the last two games.

Draft saved Draft deleted