1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not a Falcon believer, eh? They look like the most complete team in the NFC to me. But not a lock, by any means.

Not betting on any team with a rookie QB as a starter (or a second-year guy), so that cuts the field to just two.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Falcons have struggled to run the ball. I like them better than I did a few weeks ago, but they really haven't solved that problem.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Then at least they dominated that schedule -- winning by an average of two TDs and scoring more than 30 points a game during the streak. Show me another team that's done that even against crappy competiton. New England is 3-3 against playoff teams while the Broncos are 2-3. Does that make the Patriots significantly better? I know they own the head to head but the Broncos didn't come close to losing to someone like Arizona. Plus the Broncos beat Baltimore and Cincy on the road, and the Bengals have only lost once since. Who knows what happens in the playoffs but I think the Broncos have shown they're a pretty good team.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Vikings are the '86 Bulls and I am not sure the Packers can handle this with their defense. Peterson will get his yards but they have to keep Christian Ponder from having a Dave Corzine career game.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Falcons over the Broncos in Super Bowl 35-21.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No Bears, Giants and Steelers (and Cowboys).
    Does the absence of premier teams have an effect on the ratings? Or is the NFL bullet proof?

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I think it's bullet proof. Only sports entity that is.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't think it will hurt the ratings at all.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Looking to re-capture the magic of the 2011 Baltimore Ravens, the 49ers have signed Billy Cundiff:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8800961/billy-cundiff-signs-san-francisco-49ers-compete-david-akers

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I like that move by the 49ers. A lot.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It says a lot that this seems like the boldest prediction so far on this thread and it involves a No. 1 seed winning the Super Bowl.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Heard somewhere that this is the first time since the merger that none of the top 5 TV markets (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas) is involved in the playoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted