1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Except being good on the road.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, they won their last two road games.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

The win in Chicago was impressive. So maybe it's not a significant flaw. Or maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into a Washington win this week somehow.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Your biggest worry is the guy doing a 70 percent impression of RG3. He was almost a nonfactor last night. He needs to be very close to 100 percent Sunday against that defense.

5. JackReacher

Disagree.

Either way, it's all gravy at this point. Never dreamed they'd make the playoffs this year. The line on the game worries me a little bit, though. I see 24-20 Skins.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You disagree that the team's best player needs to be as healthy as possible?

7. JackReacher

Sure. But he doesn't have to be 100 percent, or very close to it, for the Skins to win. And he wasn't almost a nonfactor last night.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But, but, but . . . the stat sheet said he was.

[/Andrew_Luck_apologist]

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He doesn't have to be very close to 100 percent to beat the Eagles or Cowboys, but if he's a couple steps slow Sunday, I bet he doesn't make it to the end of the game.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The next good team Denver beats will be the first good team they've beaten all year. Peyton's been great, but my God . . . what a candyass schedule..

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Ravens aren't great by any stretch, but dominating a division winner on the road is a pretty impressive win.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Excepting the Giant game, Baltimore's largely been in a coma for over a month. Something's clearly wrong with their collective heads. They're lucky they drew the Great Overachievers in Round I.

Ravens make a great fetish of their division games. Outside of the AFC North and the Giant gift, their best win was against the Cowboys, and they were life and death to do that . . . at home, yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted