1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 31, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers is the only quarterback in the NFC who has won a playoff game. He is 4-2, Ryan is 0-3 and the others are playoff virgins.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Among the starters... Don't you dare discount Alex Smith's win over the Saints!!! :D

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'll take the Falcons. I believe I said a couple weeks ago that it would take some convincing for me to see anyone other than Atlanta as the NFC favorite. No one's convinced me yet. Maybe if the injuries to Abraham and Robinson keep them out, that could change, but the Falcons, with the exception of a couple meaningless games against crappy teams when they obviously weren't interested, have looked as good as anyone in that conference.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I can't really argue with that.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Wild Card: Texans over Bengals, Packers over Vikings, Colts over Ravens, Seahawks over Redskins.
    Divisional: Broncos over Colts, Seahawks over Falcons, Patriots over Texans, 49ers over Packers.
    Championship games: Broncos over Patriots, 49ers over Seahawks
    Super Bowl: 49ers over Broncos.

6. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Agree, but can't see the Packers losing on Saturday. I mean stranger things have definitely happened, but I just think they rise up. I don't think GB makes it past the second round, but I do think they win this weekend.

7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

My Wild Card picks:

Packers over Vikings
    Seahawks over Redskins
    Bengals over Texans
    Ravens over Colts

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Poor Vikings, rough weekend for them.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Lol. Fixed.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is what I hope happens.

I think whoever wins the likely Packers-Niners game will win the Super Bowl. That will be a very interesting game.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, for those keeping score at home. Tebow lost his playoff virginity last year before losing his actual virginity.

Must be some sort of record.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't know how many people were watching 49ers ticker yesterday, but they have almost totally given up on Akers and with good reasons. He missed two more yesterday, from 44 and 40 yards, and was getting booed heavily when he went there again. In the second half, Harbaugh went for it in a field-goal situation -- fourth and six from the 30.

They're probably going to be in some close games in the playoffs and that is not going to help at all. I think they're going to have a new kicker, probably someone like Billy Cundiff.

Draft saved Draft deleted