1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 31, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Saturday's schedule:
    Bengals at Texans
    Vikings at Packers

Sunday's schedule
    Colts at Ravens
    Seahawks at Redskins

I'll go with Texans, Packers, Colts and Seahawks

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fat Tire and Brats in the Super Bowl.

With the same outcome as Super Bowl XXXII.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Broncos have to be seen as the favorites to win it all.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

One thing that intrigues me about the playoffs: All the wild-card teams are hot-hot-hot and their first-week opponents are ... not, mostly.

--Seahawks have won five in a row.
    --Vikings have won four in a row.
    --Colts have won two in a row and five of six.
    --Bengals have won three in a row and seven of eight.

So all the lower division champions have a tall order to get things working again, like, now. Exception Redskins, of course, with their seven-game winning streak -- and since they play the Seahawks, either the Falcons or 49ers is going to draw a second-round opponent that hasn't lost since November.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not to go all political, but the Skins haven't lost since Obama got re-elected. Therefore, they won't lose until 2016. Just saying.

6. Mizzougrad96

I definitely think in the NFC, one of the teams playing this weekend will make it to the NFC title game... I don't think anyone is predicting the Falcons and Niners making it to that game... Hell, most of the predictions I've seen don't have either team making it to that game, and I'm not sure I disagree.

7. Mizzougrad96

Can we call it the Cornball Streak? :D

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I like the Texans but I think they peaked too early and have lost their confidence. Redskins are exciting to watch but there's something about that guy named Brady that makes me believe he'll be hoisting another Lombardi Trophy next month.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If that's true, it would mean they are giving points to New England in the AFC championship, I'm getting some good money on the Pats if that happens.

10. Mizzougrad96

I read something in The Denver Post that said they were the Vegas favorites to win it and that was before they had home field throughout.

11. printit

printit Member

Vegas has Denver as the top team in the NFL. They have for at least a few weeks now.

Wild Card Weekend: I like the Bengals, Packers, Ravens and Redskins (If RG3 is healthy, if not, I like the Seahawks).

Texans (who were my preseason AFC Champ pick, fwis) just look spent, defense has too many injuries, and Bengals 7-1 down the stretch (game before that they played Denver close).
    Packers won't lose at home to the Vikings. League did Vikings no favors putting this on Saturday; AP had 33 carries Sunday afternoon and could have used that extra day off. If Packers get early lead and force Vikings into passing situations they are done.
    Colts just are not good. Worst 11 win team I have ever seen. They won their "super bowl" yesterday. Ravens historically win the playoff games they are supposed to win.
    Sunday night game is hardest to call. Seahawks not good on the road and I think Redskins defense is better than Seattle offense.

12. Mizzougrad96

The Packers have lost four of their last six playoff games at Lambeau. If I'm not mistaken those two wins were both over the Seahawks.

Draft saved Draft deleted