1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Wildcard Round:

Saturday, Jan. 7
    Bengals @ Texans- 4:00 NBC
    Lions @ Saints- 8:00 NBC

Sunday, Jan. 8
    Falcons @ Giants- 1:00 FOX
    Steelers @ Broncos- 4:30 CBS

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Is it just me or are there three NFC teams that would be the best in the AFC and maybe five NFC teams that would be at least a darkhorse favorite in the AFC?

I would like the Giants' and Falcons' chances if they were in the other bracket.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are severely overrating the NFC in general nad the Giants and Falcons in particular.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

FIXED

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I will look forward to less this week - the way over the top Steelers playoff hype among media here in this town this week or the way over the top "how to stop Tebow" hype among media in this town.

And I wonder who God is rooting for more - Tebow or TROY!!!

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Troysus.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. joeggernaut

joeggernaut Member

The Lions are going to get embarrassed.

8. BrianGriffin

The AFC is the conference that somehow allowed the Tebows in the playoffs and allowed the Ravens to get a bye.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Today wasn't embarrassing enough?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

On the other hand, the AFC is the conference where a 12-win team from a division with three teams in the postseason will be a wild card entry.

11. BrianGriffin

And the NFC has a 13-win team in the wild card that is probably the second-best team in football.

It's interesting. When it was all said and done, I guess Green Bay's opening Thursday night win over the Saints ultimately determined home field throughout the playoffs. If New Orleans wins that, they are both 14-2 and I'm guessing New Orleans gets home field throughout, right?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That 13-win team is playing in the wild card round, but they won a division.

I think there is a damn good argument that the Packers and Saints are the top two teams in the NFL. The 49ers? Lost pretty soundly to the Ravens and caught the Steelers missing both outside linebackers and with a hobbled Roethlisberger. Honestly, I think those three teams are fairly comparable.

I just don't see the Falcons or Giants betting past either of those teams if they were in the AFC. Maybe the Patriots, only because the Giants did it once already, but I wouldn't want money on them doing it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted