1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread: Wild-card week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about? I'd just love to read something by Deitsch or MMQB about how it all broke down. I don't think we've ever had a AFC-NFC breakdown like this.

The benefit for your guys is they get an extra day or rest for the following week. I think that will be huge heading to Denver.

The scheduling is also rough for Seattle with the potential of playing back to back 10 am PST games. Obviously they could have won more and earned a better seed, but this schedule does them no favors.

Question from Twitter last night - besides a Super Bowl, when was the last time Michaels did a game that started before 8 EST?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those sacks are to some degree the work of the offense in the first half of the year and against weak sisters like the Titans. A defense with a 20 point or more second half lead ought to pile up sacks. The opponent is passing all the time. The pass rush was the best part of the defense. Competent is not criticism, it means "good enough to win if the offense does its job." But the Seahawks or Broncos they aren't.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When did Minnesota move to the Eastern Time Zone?

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Don't think anyone here said they did, but Seattle potentially playing back-to-back week at games that start at 10 a.m. PST isn't easy.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Someone must think Seattle-Minnesota game starts at 1 p.m. CST.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Didn't seem to bother the Seahawks when they had back-to-back road games starting at 10 a.m. PST last month.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Minnesota is two hours ahead of Seattle, therefore 10 a.m. PST.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's a 1 p.m. EST time start.

Therefore it's a noon CST start.

Therefore, it's a 10 a.m. PST start.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Edited to correct above.

Panthers game is already set for 1 p.m. on Jan. 17. So No. 6 seed Seahawks would definitely play there if they win.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, I'm pretty sure they aren't flying in the night before the game, so the time difference shouldn't matter. But if the Seahawks lose and Wilson says it was because of the game's starting time, I will sit corrected.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And those flights have to be miserable and not relaxing at all. You know, working for a billion dollar company and all. Probably don't even get food and drinks on those awful cross country flights!

Draft saved Draft deleted