1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread: Wild-card week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Seeding won't be all set until late tonight, but here's the place to talk about the opening week of the postseason.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I said a month ago the Seahawks were going to the Super Bowl.

I feel pretty good about that.

murphyc and exmediahack like this.
  3. AFC playoff starting QBs:
    Brady
    Brock
    McCarron
    Hoyer
    Smith
    Roethlisberger

Brady, Roethlisberger and Smith are the only ones with playoff experience. ...

Pats are odds-on favorites, but I think the Chiefs are the strongest (most well-rounded) team in the AFC, but ain't saying much. Chiefs, Broncos and Bengals each have very good defenses. Steelers are OK if they create turnovers. If not ...
    I think if the Pats have to go on the road the AFC rep is wide open ...
    The Broncos are the one team I don't want to see. The Defense is nasty.

My Odds
    Pats 3:1
    Bengals 5:1
    Broncos 5:1
    Steelers 6:1
    Chiefs 6:1
    Texans 10:1

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Both AFC games are Saturday and both NFC games Sunday. Is this the first time they've done it that way?

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Feel like if they're going to play AFC-NFC for Wild Card Weekend, they should do it for the Divisional round. That way everyone gets the same prep and rest time. Looks like whoever heads to Arizona is going to be at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the teams still playing.
    That might be overthinking it, but I don't like this format at all. Hopefully one of the media critics will break down why this schedule came to be.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

OK, if any of you claim to have thought this back in September ... Take the team quarterbacked by Kirk Cousins over the team quarterbacked by Aaron Rodgers ... I'm going to need to see some concrete proof.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The Vikings are going to get destroyed

8. Mr. Sunshine

Eh, I bet the Vikings surprise people and keep it within 14.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Rules are rules.

You going to report this?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Short week could be rough for both the Steelers and Bengals. Each has a key player who could have used the extra day to get healthy, though I think DeAngelo Williams is the one more likely to be limited or out due to injury. I believe McCarron was also banged up Sunday, but stayed in the game.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Steelers 30-14.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm a Vikings fan, and I agree completely. This has "35-0 at the half" written all over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted