1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoff Thread: Division Round

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 11, 2016.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wait, does this mean Manning is better then Big Ben now???

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What exactly does that have to do with my post? You're mixing up board members again, aren't you?

To answer your question, Manning was clearly better in his prime, but Roethlisberger is better now. Now perhaps 93Devil would say otherwise because Manning won Sunday, but I don't see how anybody who watched that game would agree with him.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well ever since 2005, the black and gold eye glass wearing weirdos have used the "but, but, but, but Ben beat Peyton in the playoffs when it counts and that proves he is better...." bullshit and so now I would assume that applies the other way.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, that has nothing to do with my post, angry boy. Maybe some fans have said as much to you, but I'm not one of them. I've never said Roethlisberger was better than Manning when both were in their primes. Certainly not 10 years go. He is better now, but that is because the Manning we see now isn't a severely diminished version of a once-great player.

I get that you have issues with living around Steelers fans. Maybe you should consider moving.

Draft saved Draft deleted