1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoff Thread: Division Round

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That reminds me of the start of one of the Bills' SB losses (I think it was the Redskins one). They did the opening kickoff for a touchback. But the refs hadn't signaled that it was OK to kickoff, so they made the teams do it again, for another touchback.

I remember mentioning it to other people that it would have been very interesting had the first kickoff been returned for a TD.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

How much are CBS and the NFL rooting for one last Brady-Manning AFC title game?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

More than they need to. It's not like Steelers-Patriots would hurt the numbers. I think Patriots move the needle a good bit more than the Chiefs, but even the least appealing matchup (Steelers-Chiefs) should do just fine.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A New England-Seattle Super Bowl rematch would be fun.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What would be crazy is if the road teams all swept again, giving us Steelers at Chiefs and Seahawks at Packers for the conference championships. Wouldn't dismiss it the way the year has gone.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was born 16 hours before kickoff of this game.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I remember watching it.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ben has a sprained AC joint and torn ligaments in his shoulder. Even if he plays, he'll be nowhere near full strength. And it doesn't sound like Antonio has much of a chance to go either.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They're not.
    Denver would get peter-smacked.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Somebody (not me) should watch Super Bowl I and see how many catches would be ruled no-catches today.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'll watch. I'm going to assume every snap was under center, i.e., no shotgun formations.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That's not a good matchup for the Patriots. The Denver pass rush can get to Brady.

Draft saved Draft deleted