1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL players prepared to strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pat doesn't like it, he can sell, take his capital gains, and don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Funny how ol' Patty Boy didn't have a problem with the the cap when the Broncos were signing hundreds of defensive tackles and running backs.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes. Let's just say I am in the same retirement plan as Moddy. No, we do not work at the same school, just in the same state.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just heard Kyle Turley ripping the NFL players union and Gene Upshaw on the Rome show. He said he hopes the players do strike -- and then realize that Gene Upshaw isn't the guy to lead them and dump him.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Marino didn't cross.

He would have had his legs broken by Mossy and the boys in the 'Burgh.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

When any of those guys have the unadulterated shit around them that Marino had for a five-year period from 1986-1990.... get back to me.

LOFL

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Did Montana cross? He went to public school in Pittsburgh and not some prissy Catholic school like Marino.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

1988, 1989, and 1990 all came after 1987.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember reading that some 1987 stars crossed the picket line after the first couple of weeks because a deal was nearly reached between the NFL and the union, and teams were hoping to get a competitive advantage in the final week of strike games. Browns fans can recall Brian Brennan (!) getting 200+ yards in receptions in the final week.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I remember that as well. Some players had already crossed, but a lot more were back for that last week because the strike was all but over.

Draft saved Draft deleted