1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL players prepared to strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 31, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

:'(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3224851

NFL owners are sooooooooooo happy with their labor agreement!

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

If the NFL owners blow up this labor agreement and kill their golden goose, they are the biggest fuck ups in the history of sports.

3. Gene Upshaw talking tough. That's hilarious.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

b-b-b-b-but football's so much better than baseball! there's nothing wrong with the salary cap! It makes everyone happy!!!!

I hope they fucking strike so the Kool-Aid drinkers shut the fuck up.

edit: o/u on when oops stumbles in here, carrying piss and shit behind him? I say 5.5. :)

5. Well, you did just leave him a gift ... and leaving him a gift is like asking my four-year-old not to touch the present I just gave her ...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but it's fun to watch so-called adults who think they're superior to everyone else actually act like four-year-olds. :)

Shit, that's another post. Stop replying!

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That might go well beyond just sports, sir.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think it's nice that the league let its puppet make threats.

Now Genie, tell the players to collectively bend over so billionaires can pad their wallets.

9. ... while ignoring the old fogies ...

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, but the fogies all had jobs on the side. So forget about the role the fogies had in building and growing the league. It's their fault if they didn't save money and have benefits. That's not the NFLPA's responsibility.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So true. The NFL owners have a system in place that is extremely advantageous to them. Horrible idea to blow it up.

The best thing about the NFL's set-up is the relatively even financial playing field it creates. It creates a belief that every team has a real shot to compete, a perception that is missing with some other sports, and guarantees a healthy profit for the owners.

Of course, now the greedy bastards want to screw it up because the union hasn't shown the ability to stand up to them. It's not that the current deal doesn't work for them. They simply think they can fuck the players over and get one that favors them even more.

If that happens and the union doesn't strike, Upshaw needs to be removed immediately -- something that should have been done long ago anyway.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You are dumb as a box of hammers and as unfunny as a sack of dead babies when it comes to this subject.

NFL is way overdue for a little labor action.

The system is as good as sports can be.

The numbers may need tweaking... or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted