1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not so fast, my friend...

Florio seems to have missed this one -- word is Marinelli is ready to re-up with Dallas for three years.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It was reported that Trestman was going to Tampa and 24 hours later Koetter got the job. It was reported in several places that Marinelli was a lock to go to Tampa and he stays in Dallas.

Based on the turnaround in Dallas this season, I don't think Jones was going to let anyone get away. Now, we'll see if he's this aggressive trying to keep Murray and Bryant.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Bryant yes. Murray no.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, they chewed Murray up, now they're going to spit him out. A 27-year-old running back who just had 497 touches (regular season and playoffs) isn't someone who is going to last a long time. That's like in the top five of combined regular/postseason touches ever.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Let Murray go and bring in AP on the cheap.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Someone is going to have to explain to me why in the world the Vikings would let Peterson go. Everyone seems to assume that's happening. Why? Isn't he under contract?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You may be right but it wouldn't surprise at all if they wanted to let the circus leave town.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wouldn't they take the circus if it runs for 1,500 yards and 12 TDs?

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me at all if that happens. Either that, or sign Bryant and tag Murray. Even if you have to overpay Murray next season, that might be preferrable to signing him to a longterm deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted