1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Glazer had a line that John Fox could be in play if the Broncos lose today. That's suddenly very interesting.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Unless Manning is retiring, that doesn't seem to make much sense, right? Are the Broncos going to overhaul the coaching staff when their window is going to close probably next season? If they think the window has already closed, they need to acquire Manning's replacement pronto because installing a new offense, or handcuffing the new head coach with Manning as defacto OC, will be a disaster.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Tebow's available.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Who would want Fox? Really. Atlanta is the only one I can imagine.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why only Atlanta?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, good question. He has taken two different teams to the Super Bowl.

7. Fox > Ryan

Not even a serious debate.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Are the Broncos going to be trading up for Mariota?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Manning could very well retire.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

True, and perhaps Glazer is hearing rumblings of his impending retirement and ownership considering cleaning house. But the only way it makes sense to fire Fox is if Manning retires first.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

My guess is the only way Fox would be gone would be if that was what Manning wanted to happen and I doubt that would be the case. Assuming the Broncos want Manning to come back, I doubt they would make a move without at least seeing what he thought about it. There's a difference between that and asking his permission. Elway hand-picked his final coach.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Marinelli is a free agent and is rejoining Lovie in Tampa.

With yesterday's loss, Jason Garrett is also a free agent, but Garrett has nowhere else to go and should re-up with Jerry. Unless Denver makes a move ...

Draft saved Draft deleted