1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Offseason signings, etc.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 17, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AltS3tMvpS01yVi65kmG8eE5nYcB?slug=ys-jetsscott022709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There's the only link I've seen so far on Scott.

I don't care how old Lewis is, he is still a much bigger loss for that defense.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

If this happens for $8 million per yr., with Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and Vernon Gholston, the Jets have to have the most expensive linebacking unit in the NFL.

Patriots have reached agreement with ex-Jets TE Chris Baker.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Me too. You would never see the Colts or Patriots make a FA signing like that.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Gholston sucks.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Where's Maroney?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

From ESPN....

"The Jets have made an offer to Pittsburgh Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu at $4 million a year to replace Moore. Kemoeatu had only two career starts prior to last year, when he replaced Alan Faneca at left guard. Kemoeatu was a sixth-round draft pick out of Utah in 2005."

Really?

Four million for Kemo? My God.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He was a rookie last year. Calm down.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Workout warrior.

9. outofplace

I guess the Jets didn't have enough holding penalties called against them this past season.

10. outofplace

Perhaps, but it still won't be a particularly good one. And I agree with Pancamo. Gholston sucks.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Given the free agent signings in baseball this winter, the NFL is much worse. The Yankees merely and slightly overpaid for 3 players, 2 of whom are stillin their prime. For the rest of MLB no one got close to what their market value was 2 years ago.
    The NFL, so far, is partying like it is 2006

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's up to consumers.

Sending letters and e-mails to the tip-top of the NFL's sponsors, saying you will boycott their products for supporting this hypocrisy... that's the only voting rights we have.

Despicable, Goodell... despicable.

Draft saved Draft deleted