1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Offseason signings, etc.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Somebody in Bristol must be a country music fan. The crawl on ESPN2 said "Brooks, Dunn released ... "

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I can think of a few music acts I'd like to release into retirement...

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Funny how the NFL "signings" thread has turned into the NFL "released players under contract" thread.

Add Laveraneus Coles to the list.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, spnited dislikes the NFL. Next thing you know, he'll be telling us he doesn't like fantasy baseball or that he thinks Joe Mauer is soft.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Coles is a totally different case than the rest of the cuts.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Etc" is right there too.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Coles would be a great haul for a lot of teams. Lots of NFC squads in need of a No.1 or No.2 WR.

San Francisco, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis since Holt no longer has a pulse. Oakland and Kansas City could also use another wide receiver. Seattle could because all of their receivers are always hurt.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Coles and Pennington are tight.... I wonder if the Dolphins will be in play.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Redskins get Haynesworth ... and Danny Snyder is batshit insane.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/27/AR2009022700614.html?hpid=topnews

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again and expecting a different result.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

As a Skins fan, I suppose I should be excited to get one of the best DLs in the game, but...how many years does he have left?

As for DeAngelo Hall, I wouldn't pay him $3, much less $55 mil, to play on my team. Most ridiculous contract ever. Hall needs to hit his knees and thank the good Lord.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Two wonderful and classy people signed by the Skins.

12. Hustle

Hustle Guest

No one can stop the Redskins from fulfilling their Super Bowl destiny. [/fanbois]

If Haynesworth wasn't always motivated in Tennessee, why on God's green earth would he be motivated with a nine-figure contract?

I think Snyder has a Napoleonic complex unseen since Napoleon himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted