1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Offseason signings, etc.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 17, 2009.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

When he's motivated, he's a great fit for any defense

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Screw Peppers. I hope they force his hand and he plays for the tender. He won't miss checks.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There's your problem. Greatness never has a problem with motivation.

Someone should tell Julius Peppers.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

According to about.com: Jets Picks by Round: 1st (17), 2nd (49), 3rd (78), 3rd (81), 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I KNOW the Panthers will be asking for a first. Question is, what else in addition? My guess would be at least one of the third-round picks.

Assuming, of course, that Peppers and his new team agree to a long-term agreement.

The thing I don't understand: What makes Peppers think he'll get treated better somewhere else? Yes, it's no secret of my allegiance ... that needs to be put in here somewhere. But the Panthers, Jerry Richardson, Marty Hurney and the coaching staff have never made life miserable for Julius Peppers. So why all the venom? Why the ridiculous demands? And what makes him think the media won't absolutely dog him elsewhere, especially in a media fish bowl like Hempstead?

Scott Fowler, Tom Sorensen, the trio of Panthers beat writers for the Charlotte Observer and Darin Gantt in Rock Hill among others have never attacked Peppers in print. Sorensen and Fowler have their takes on the situation, but have clarified their viewpoints without a cruel word. Can't say the same for the other markets Peppers thinks will be a great fit. He pulls this crap on the field in many of these other markets, he'll get skewered.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Peppers wants to be another Charles Haley. He'd better choose wisely if he wants to match the hardware.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Peppers for Cassel? As long as we're discussing 3-4 defenses.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Bucs release Derrick Brooks. Never thought I'd see the day.....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/25/bucs-release-brooks-four-other-veterans/sports/

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The Texans will reportedly trade Sage Rosenfels to the Vikings:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6277538.html

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I was about to post that.

Damn. His level of play was falling off and he was coming off some injuries, but it's still more than a little shocking.

Know what's really weird? After playing my first season of Madden 09, the computer's offseason moves had Brooks, Dunn and Galloway retiring.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but that sucks...

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't know if there is a player in history with more quiet sacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted