1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not NFL, but I heard that Brett Gardner has the third best OPS among OFs over the past few seasons, which I guess is why the Yankees resigned him.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I can't believe this, but it took me until just now to see what you did there.

I Should Coco, Liut and Gutter like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Ugh?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Man I'm glad my Titans didn't overpay for him, even though they are badly in need of an edge rusher.*

*for 16+ games a year, not 10.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Seattle's issue with adding pieces comes from the fact they made a horrible trade for Jamal Adams. Not that Adams is a bad player, far from it, but they gave up two years worth of first-round picks for a player that makes a minimal difference in the won-loss column. That first round pick at #23 is where they would get a good tackle and that third round pick they included in the deal would get them one of the better interior lineman or one of the better running backs in the draft.

They have to be creative and hit on that second round pick they do have.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Watt did his due diligence, had his dog-and-pony show, and ultimately did what they all do and took the offer with the most guaranteed cash. I don't blame him, but it's hilarious that these guys spend so much time framing it in other ways.

The Cardinals are not much better today than yesterday. Just more cash-poor.

10. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Cards paid up to maybe help hasten Russell Wilson’s departure from the division. Seattle’s leaky O line doesn’t need to see Watt 15 plays or more per game. I like the Hawks, they are popular in W Canada, and the Cards are close to being v good. Watt will be chasing around Matthew Stanford, too. Excellent deal for Cards in tight division.

11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Seems so believable. HAHA!

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Like, who gives a flying fuck what the Texans coaching staff thinks at this point? Could be true, but it's not like they got Tommy Callaghan working there.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted