1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

remember a few people were pretty high on him when he first went to SF.

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Wilson knows Seattle isn't trading him within the division so why bother asking? That being said I feel like he's got a better chance of being moved than Watson. Seattle might want to recoup some of what they gave up for Jamal Adams. If what Carolina rumored offer for Watson is true than I don't know if a team is willing to meet Houston's price.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not really but we’re talking Wilson.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What will they do, make Titans-Jaguars happen 12 times a year instead of eight?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Why would they make the games worse? The NFL being the NFL, I'd assume they would make sure some better games are on Thursday nights, to make sure the networks bid on them next time.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just read a great evaluation by Greg Cosell of Jimmy G and Shanahan that makes me want to keep him
    Cosell says Kyle wants a guy to run the play and leave big plays to scheme NOT QB making an instinct play
    I get that since Kyle is so good.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wilson/Watson/Rogers/Stanford > Jimmy G > most others*

Jimmy is good and is going to win games but he’s been hurt too much, maybe isn’t progressing like he should and is inaccurate at bad times. If the Niners had a better option, I’m sure they jump at it and would be much better.

*of the people even remotely available. Mahomes clearly is above everyone but is not being traded.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Stanford????

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes. The entire university is better. Stanford place kicker, clearly a better option.

(my damn fingers)

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Russell was sacked 47 times last season. Only Deshaun Wilson at 49 was sacked more often. I bet he watched Brady in the Superbowl standing there clean and only get sacked once by one of the best teams in the league. Seldom was any one within five feet of Brady. Draft a stud OL, pick up another thru trade/waivers/free agent and I bet he'll stop griping. Allow him some input on the players he'd like to throw to, and if you can get them, fine. I don't think he really wants to leave, but that's the club he has to wave.

Strengthen the OL, grab a WR or two, mebbe an RB from the waiver wire. Put pieces around him. Better OL helps the running game too. His talking about a trade stops in a hurry if they put up a wall in front of him.

Draft saved Draft deleted