1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Britt Reid hasn’t been charged yet.

How long does it take to test blood in Missouri?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Well if the Chiefs won....1 yr
    Since they won last year and the lost.......2 wks
    Marty’s kid....next day
    Sorry don’t mean any disrespect to victims.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Asking price meets market in a terrible collision for Eagles.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Anyone discussing this from the Bears' point of view (mostly meatballs on Twitter) is missing the point.

1. If Wentz fixes himself with the Colts, he never would have been able to with the Bears.
    2. The Bears would have given up more than the Colts. Because Ryan Pace sucks.
    3. Wentz didn't want to come to the Bears. And I can't blame him.
    4. The McCaskeys are complete failures as NFL owners and have been for almost 40 years. No decision they make will be the right one unless they sell the team. Even then, they'll probably find a way to fuck that up.

I Should Coco and Alma like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are working out the plea deal Before they charge. This way they can charge, plead and sentence in one news cycle. Reckless driving, pay the fine and get a suspended driver’s license. The kid isn’t dead and daddy has money.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did the eagles have to give those two picks? Or do they receive them??

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wanted to isolate this because, first, it's true for all the other reasons (Pace, ownership) but also this: The Colts play at least 9 times per year, and probably 10 or 11 times per year, in a dome. The Bears play in domes about 4 times per year.

Maybe it's a small thing for the great players - outdoors weather didn't stop Brady and Rodgers from being two of the best ever, and it isn't stopping Mahomes now - but Wentz isn't great, and I think it's simply hard, given where Soldier Field is and the conditions typically present after Thanksgiving for a guy like Wentz to play there compared to 71 degrees, zero wind and dry.

swingline likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He played 5 years of college football in Fargo North Dakota, not sure the weather is something that would concern him.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wentz wanted Indy because of Reich and the QB coach (I think). That's an easy decision instead of Chicago.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not to pick nits, but NDSU plays in a dome.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My Chicago fans are happy
    They preferred Trubisky over Wentz and they hate Trubisky

Draft saved Draft deleted