1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Column: Having lost confidence in Jared Goff, Rams need to move on

Now starting at quarterback for your 2021 Los Angeles Rams

Aaron Rodgers? Deshaun Watson? John Wolford?

Anybody, it seems, but Jared Goff.

His potential departure turned probable Tuesday when general manager Les Snead echoed the earlier vote of uncertainty from coach Sean McVay.

A couple of weeks ago McVay tepidly said, “He’s the quarterback right now.”

On Tuesday, Snead quietly said, “What I can say is Jared Goff’s a Ram in this moment. It’s way too early to speculate the future.”

Sounds like a consensus. Sounds like, if they can figure out a way to move him out, he’s gone.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always loved the quote by a former Florida AD by the name of Jeremy Foley "That which must be done eventually, must be done immediately." It applies beyond sports, but you can't allow uncertainty to creep into an organization, its distracting and can cause issues. Better to move Goff and get a Stafford or Matt Ryan while the Rams appear to be "in the window." What is odd now though is for years teams doing a tear down/rebuild would start with a QB and by the team grew up around them the QB would often be beaten down or just not develop and the team would be too good to draft another franchise QB at that point. Now, you really kind of need to build up up your lines for a couple of years, THEN draft a qb and a couple of impact players to take full advantage of the rookie scale. More than a few teams are upside down right now - top QB but heading for a rebuild, or in the window with an underperforming QB.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is Stafford really an improvement over Goff?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you kidding..

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

You can take the boy out of Wisconsin...

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  7. DanOregon

I think many of the qbs in the "potential transfer portal" are very similar and it would have more to do with finding a team/coach/system they were a better fit for.

Ryan and Stafford seem similar.
    Goff, Garappolo seem about the same.
    And though stylistically different, I think Dak and Carr are about the same.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Count me out with the taint water.

Not even Belinda Carllisle’s taint water.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Are there rumors Ryan is leaving Atlanta? I don't think he's going anywhere.

10. DanOregon

The guy is 35 and I'm pretty sure the Falcons won't be going to a SB in the near future. They can finish 5-11 with anyone behind center.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think they take a pretty big cap hit if they let him go now.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Draft saved Draft deleted