1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL off-season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You may be right, but the Steelers are one of the few teams where I'll give them the benefit of the doubt 9 times out of 10.

2. Mizzougrad96

Enough Steeler talk... Where's Peyton going to wind up? :D

3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Miami or Washington

4. Mizzougrad96

I don't think either place makes sense. They would if money was his only motivator, but I think he's going to look at teams where he thinks he can win immediately.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Who played his ass off for them since the problems and has not gotten into any trouble since. That sounds like a good business decision or they read the situation correctly.

Every organization makes poor decisions (Gabe Rivera over Marino, Kordell at QB, maybe Ziggy Hood), but the hiring of Tomlin was so out of the blue and so good in hind sight, that you are going to be correct more often than not just nodding your head at what they do.

Maybe they want some fire to Tomlin's cool?

6. Mizzougrad96

Hey, Kordell got MVP votes during one of his seasons there. Tomlin was a bold hire, and he's been great.

7. 93Devil

Teams he would lift to e Super Bowl...

Baltimore
    Jets
    Kansas City (maybe)
    Eagles
    49ers

Could you imagine him as a Raider?

8. 93Devil

The second Kordell was not the fastest man on the field, he lost his value as a QB.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

You don't think the Dolphins can become a contender with Peyton Manning?

10. Mizzougrad96

I think San Fran, Baltimore and the Jets make the most sense. KC maybe, maybe Arizona... I don't see Oakland. I don't see how Philly could do it.

11. Mizzougrad96

I think the Dolphins are a trainwreck of a franchise that Manning won't go near.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No way he ends up with the Redskins. Just ain't going to happen.

However, I'm still undecided on how I feel about it if I'm dead wrong. Depends on what they do in the draft, I suppose.

But yeah, he ain't signing with the Skins.

FUCK!

Draft saved Draft deleted