1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Network's Gameday > ESPN's Primetime

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 10, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I caught a good hour of it last night. Rich Eisen, Deion Sanders, and Steve Mariucci.. A basic 90 minute highlight package of the day's games. And with none of the bullshit of that bloviate Berman and Tom Jackson. Well done, NFL Network. It's how highlights are supposed to be done.

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I don't mind Jackson except when he gets reeled into the proverbial bullshit by Leather. Love the NFL Network, and Gameday is outstanding.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

GameDay is great, much better than ESPN, but they do up the schtick there too.

See Deion Sanders and Joey Harrington -- though Sanders' weekly Harrington rip jobs and the way he and Eisen make Mariucci feel uncomfortable about the jabs is pretty funny.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If the cocksuckers at Comcast hadn't taken it away from me, I'd be able to agree. But Comcast should rename themselves Cocksuckers, because that's what they are.

5. I love the NFL Network, if for no other reason that I don't have to watch fat-ass Berman.

6. For the record, there are a lot of things that are > ESPN's Primetime.

7. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Had Comcast back in the day. Don't miss it. Love DirecTV. Won't give it up.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Going out on a limb there, newbie...

9. That was insightful.

10. healingman

healingman Guest

I miss my DirecTV, damn it. Soon as I get my next gig, that's one thing that's coming back. Along with my f-ing Sirius Satellite Radio. Had to toss those out ... damn it.

11. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Tried to watch SportsCenter this morning, but Berman made it unwatchable. The stupid sound effects he does are beneath the dignity of a junior high video club. Why doesn't somebody at the WWL do something?

Draft saved Draft deleted