1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Network's 2010 Combine is the WORST EVER!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Aaron Rodgers fell from being the probably top pick of the draft to the end of the first round because there were concerns about the way he held the ball.

Well, now he's a Pro Bowler and the guy who went No. 1 in that draft is arguably one of the worst five starters in the NFL.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Probably because like many people, he only made the change when there was no other option but to change.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But again that was the same thing he was told last year. He would have had a full year to change.

4. Mizzougrad96

I hate to say it, but when guys like JaMarcus Russell and Alex Smith have been top picks of the draft, teams can justify reaching for Tebow. Can he really be any worse than those two?

5. Mizzougrad96

I don't think anything Tebow did at the combine or at any of the pro days is going to impact his draft status one bit.

Some GM is going to fall in love with him because of the success he had in college and take a chance on him. I'd be stunned if he doesn't go in the first 40-50 picks.

6. Boom_70

I could see the Pats taking him.

7. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

I had it up online at work and was pretty happy with it, although I had it on silent. Today the "Suh Show." Nice class of D-linemen this year. Starting to like Dan Williams out of Tenn. Never really noticed him before.

8. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

Pre-Combine my gut told me third round, but I think he's gonna go in the second now. Would you take a perfectly healthy Tebow over two question marks in McCoy and Bradford?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Correct. But was he going to have success in college football whether he did or didn't change then? I believe the answer is yes.

It's only now, when there is no other option for him but to change that he is finally doing so.

10. Boom_70

I would take Tebow over McCoy but not Bradford

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Are we having a serious NFL Draft discussion in a thread where the OP's most insightful line was that everyone was "whack"?

Seriously?

OK, well, carry on. I'll just be over in this corner here rocking a boombox on my left shoulder while I use my right hand to pull my hammer pants up.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It must be opposite day. Usually a good thread devolves into stupidity. Here, a stupid thread evolves into something productive. I like this.

And I'd take both McCoy and Bradford over Tebow, if I'm picking strictly a quarterback. If I have a little more wiggle room (ie; a QB I'm already ok with on my team) then you can look at Tebow because of his possible versatility. Of course, he could also be Dan Kendra minus the exploding chemistry experiment.

Draft saved Draft deleted