1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Network's 2010 Combine is the WORST EVER!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 28, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Every NFL Combine is the worst ever. All tied.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very little action on the field? Are you charting the 20-yard shuttle runs?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That dufus is probably going to be somebody's director of player personnel eventually, while Kiper will keep burning up ESPN air time (and fluorocarbons).

Davis is a schmuck, no question.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Kiper is GETTING PAID!!!

He have outside interest also.....

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Please don't talk about valued posters like Sportsbruh like that.....

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

GETTING PAID to opine that JaMarcus Russell will be an elite quarterback in the league.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think the breathless analysis and hushed reverance in some corners about the NFL combine, one of the biggest non-events there is in sports, is actually justifiable reason for aliens to swing the Death Star around and blow up Earth. Save Alderaan, kill the NFL combine.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Where's Scott Hamilton when you need him?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd rather watch the combine than the winter olympics. The really good sports are here every year. ;D

Tebow should go in the fourth round, but some stupid team (please don't let it be the Niners) will take him in the first two.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Not that I'm a big fan, but Mike and Mike this morning were talking about Tebow changing his delivery. They had a cut of Kiper from SC talking about the same thing, with the exact same analysis as Golic. Really is it that big of a deal? We have known forever now that Tebow was going to have to fix his mechanics. There isn't like one other player we can hear about who can improve his draft slot by having a good workout?

The interesting thing to me isn't what happens in the 1-2nd rounds, its what happens later where teams build depth and/or find some quality starters from players/schools we aren't familiar with. Those guys to me are where the real stories are.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i don't believe i've EVER heard of a qb prospect improving his draft stock by showing he's altered his unnacceptable throwing "mechanics" before the draft. puh-leezee, talking heads. it means NOTHING until tebow shows he can keep them altered AND pass well enough to succeed on the nfl level.

ANY team that takes him to play QB in the first two rounds is wacky. now, if he's drafted in Round 2 as some sort of H-back/situational weapon because some offensive guru is egomaniacal enough to think he can make tebow an effective weapon as that sort of threat, maybe. but it's a huge risk even that high, imho.

many a great college qb do not translate to the nfl. tebow's the latest. could he be big enough and athletic enough and smart enough to be a useful tool elsewhere? certainly. i still maintain he'd be wise to work out for teams as a receiving TE, too, so they can measure whether he can, you know, run routes and catch the ball.

heck, freakin' MATT JONES had a better combine a few years ago. this tebow-mania amuses me no end. ::) ::) ::)

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is that flawed mechanics is nothing new to Tebow.

This was an issue last year when he decided to stay with The Gators.

Why did he wait till now. Makes no sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted