1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL = National Felons League?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, May 8, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pacman's defense: What about the other 283 guys?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-pacman-appeal&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I would respect Mr. Pacman much more if he'd just shut up, take his punishment like a man and then grow up.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, when he and his attorney put it like that he's got a slight point.

I honestly didn't realize the number was that high until I saw the story on the wire tonight. I mean, that's close to four arrests a month since 2000. And I'm noticing that the Hammer of Rog hasn't come down on Tank Johnson yet.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

he ought to come down just as hard on tank ... maybe he's waiting til tank's jail time is up

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good luck with that, Pacman. Goodell has taken some action less than a year into his tenure. It would be one thing to argue about the other players if this were Paul Tagliabue, because then he might have a case.

Instead, I don't see how much would come of this.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, the rule was put in, and Pacman and Henry were disciplined under it retroactively. You could certainly say that since the rule wasn't in place at the time the incidents occured, they couldn't be prosecuted under the new rule.

If I do something, and a month later a law that makes my act illegal gets passed, The DA wouldn't be able to try me under the new law retroactively. It's not a prefect analogy, but it fits well enough.

That being said, I think Pacman gets his from Johnny Law somewhere down the line soon, since some of the acts he did were illegal when he did them.

8. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Goodell is setting the bar with PacMan. The 283 others have no relevance. Or relevence. However it's spelled.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But as I said, all of his "incidents" occured before the rule was passed. If you rule retroactively on two (Including Henry) you should rule retroactively on all.

They've got a shot at getting this reduced.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Tank is not a convicted felon. That is all.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

he was sentenced to jail for probation violations and there are still weapons charges pending.

not a convicted felon, just a piece of shit thug who should be banned like pacman

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

This is the NFL, not the Supreme Court. Goodell can do whatever the fuck he wants. That said, if anyone gets in the kind of trouble that Henry and PacMan have, they will undoubtedly receive similar punishment.

Draft saved Draft deleted