1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Dec 19, 2013.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Right, I also thought he said if he were to be traded all they could get was a third.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Haha. I don't remember that. If so....good pull.

3. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Peyton Manning and it's not close.

Really, I don't get the arguments for somebody else getting the award when Manning has been on a record pace all season and, just when people think it's not going to happen, he comes right back and answers his critics.

There are other NFL awards in which the race is closer and debate can be held. Offensive Rookie of the Year is one (strong cases for Eddie Lacy and Giovanni Bernard) and so is Defensive Player of the Year (Robert Mathis and Robert Quinn are both good candidates).

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I saw that someone, maybe at SI, was making a case for Josh Gordon as Offensive POY.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

PFM. It's not close.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It'll be Manning and rightly so. Look what happens to the Broncos when he merely plays OK instead of superlatively.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Josh Gordon is at this moment the best receiver in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll say it: Tebow wins that game against the Chargers.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I always like to think of where a team would be without their "MVP" candidate.

Denver has a ton of weapons and they would still be okay if Manning's leg fell off. However, Kansas City would be a dumpster fire without Charles to take pressure off of Alex Smith. Carolina and New England would have losing records without their QBs. Russell Wilson in my mind would be behind those three, so I would place him at No. 4 overall.

Surprisingly, I'd also put someone like Tony Romo near the top of the list, as the Cowboys would be even more of a disaster without him. Nick Foles too - he was an obvious upgrade to Vick and has changed that team around. So here's my list:

1. Jamaal Charles
    2. Tom Brady - slightly over Newton just because Carolina could win with their D.
    3. Cam Newton
    4. Aaron Rodgers
    5. Nick Foles

Tier 2:
    6 Calvin/Stafford team would be 2-14 without one of them.
    8. Tony Romo
    9. Josh Gordon
    10. Peyton Manning

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's one way of looking at it.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You should have baseball hall of fame vote. Just ridiculous.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I don't think his reasoning is all that ridiculous. Dismissing Manning (or putting him below Tony Romo) is.

Draft saved Draft deleted