1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCEchan36, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Mine's is:
    1. LaDainian Tomlinson
    2. LT2
    3. Drew Brees
    4. LTD
    5. Charles Woodson [go blue ;D]

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Devin Hester?

Here's a guy who doesn't put up big numbers and has no chance given the years LT and Brees are having but is arguably one of the top five most valuable players in the NFL this season: Steve McNair. The Ravens aren't a playoff team without him.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hester is about third or fourth in MVP right now, I figure.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

LT may have broken a repeatedly broken record, but he did it with three games left. He could make a run at 35 TD. He has my (non-existent) vote.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's really only two acceptable choices...

1. LDT (THERE IS ONLY ONE LT)
    2. Drew Brees

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Without LT, San Diego still has a winning record thanks to its defense.

Without Drew Brees, can we say the same for New Orleans? Absolutely not. Brees is the difference maker in NO this year, and that's why he should win it.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Is there a best player award in the NFL? I forget. Because if there isn't, it seems a shame that we shouldn't acknowledge one of the top seasons by any running back ever with more than a Pro Bowl berth he'll turn down anyway because San Diego would have been good without him.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, the reason it is an MVP award so some people will consider that. And would it be any worse to look past Brees, who could be the second player in NFL history to touch 5,000 yards while helping revamp an entire franchise?

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Didn't Warner reach 5,000 one season during the Greatest Show on Turf days?

Not that that minimizes Brees work. He may not be POY, but he is MVP by so much it's not funny.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nope. I looked it up before I posted, because I thought he or Manning had touched 5,000. Still only Marino.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

You might be thinking of 40 TD passes. Warner and Manning both hit that mark, joining Marino as the only players to do so.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hester for MVP is like the Dante Hall talk a few years ago or a DH winning an MVP over an everyday player who hits and fields his position.

Hester for NFC rookie of the year along with Reggie Bush will be an interesting situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted