1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCEchan36, Oct 16, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Michael Vick is the MVP. If he were playing with a competent team, he would be unstoppable, but it takes 11 players on the opposing team AND 10 players on his team to stop him.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's December, close enough to reasonably discuss MVP candidates.

LT might be the best player in the league, but Drew Brees might be the most valuable. Aaron Brooks wouldn't have been able to do this.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry Oz, when you score 29 TDs in 13 (!!!!) games, you're MVP.

Any other year and Brees wins it going away, but LT2's #s are so out-of-whack that it's going to be impossible to ignore him.

Unless Rex Grossman wins his final four games. :D

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I talked to BYH about this last night. LT2 is the MVP. Brees is 1A. Aaron Brooks just edged out Mike Vanderjagt for last place.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Edited because I fail at remembering draft-day trades.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The Chargers always had that 1st pick in the second round.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Crap, my bad.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thing is, that's the fourth time the record's been broken since 2000. I hate to belittle the accomplishment, but it has been done quite often this decade already, and it would be five times if you went back to 1995.

Brees made a huge impact on the Saints. First year on a new team, running a new offense for a first-year coach with not near the weapons as the Chargers, it's amazing that he could challenge Dan Marino's mark.

And of course win all the while.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

What does that last line mean?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He didn't just rack up huge numbers for a losing team in meaningless games. He did it helping a team win games.

11. That's the understatement of the year. Brooks can't even figure out how to throw the ball forward.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

My top five:
    1. LaDainian Tomlinson
    2. Drew Brees

Draft saved Draft deleted