1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCEchan36, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The usual suspects, Peyton, Brady, Tomlinson, et. al. remain the usual suspects.
    Just to stir the pot, probably Vick has moved into "others receiving votes" territory the past two weeks.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tom Brady -- 14 TD passes (third in the league), four INTs (tied for fewest in league), all while throwing to Ben Watson, Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown.

For all the talk about the system in New England, guess what? Tom Brady is the system. And the MVP.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If a Bears player wins NFL MVP, it would have to be a defensive player, right? I know the Bears' offense has been impressive (except for the Arizona game), but here's the rest of the Bears' schedule. I think the defense, if it can stay strong against the Giants and Patriots and maintain what it has accomplished so far, should have an MVP candidate on defense.

Sun 11/5 Miami
    Sun 11/12 at NY Giants
    Sun 11/19 at NY Jets
    Sun 11/26 at New England
    Sun 12/3 Minnesota
    Mon 12/11 at St. Louis
    Sun 12/17 Tampa Bay
    Sun 12/24 at Detroit
    Sun 12/31 Green Bay

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

And this Bears talk is coming from a Vikings fan :(

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just a small correction....Peyton Manning has two interceptions this season (15 TDs), so Brady can't be tied for fewest INTs in the league with four.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wow, the love for Donovan "Pass at the Feet" McNabb sure died down over the course of two pages, didn't it? ::)

I've seen a lot of him, and I just don't see the sentiment for him being one of the great ones.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Patriots and Colts play each other next week. Either Brady or Manning will get a slight edge over the other based on how they play and the outcome of that game.

For as much as Manning passes, he has only two picks in 245 attempts. Brady's now got four picks in 232 attempts. Brady's completion percentage is also just 58.2 percent, compared to 66.5 percent for Manning.

That said, if Brady wins next week, he's got the edge.

And Claws is correct, it would be foolish not to mention Urlacher in this discussion.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The thing is, the emergence of Grossman has turned the Bears into a serious Super Bowl contender.

9. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

If forced to vote today ...
    Manning
    Brady
    LT
    Urlacher
    Tiki (though he'll need a few scores to warrant actual consideration)

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Darrent Williams just called. He says it's Manning ... or Reggie Wayne.

/bitter broncos fanboy

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

On the road at Giants, Pats and Rams should be interesting games, but the rest of the schedule is very weak

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Haha that was brutal. I almost felt bad for how helpless he was out there on Wayne.

Draft saved Draft deleted