1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCEchan36, Oct 16, 2006.

1. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I just read Scoop Jerkson's column that basically says that McNabb is not the real deal and will play more like last year. Aside from that that bad first half in New Orleans, I think it's safe to say he's the front runner for NFL MVP. Grossman has been very good, but he has a legit running game in Jones and Benson to ease the pressure off his arm, plus you've got the Chicago defense. McNabb is carrying the majority of the burden by himself. And this is coming from someone that roots for the Giants.

Now that I have basically cast my non-existent vote for McNabb as MVP, what does everyone else think?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

McNabb and Grossman are the only contenders right now, but it's a long season. I suspect Peyton Manning, Steve Smith and possibly Matt Haselbeck to be in the mix at some point.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not to mention Tom Brady, LaDainian Tomlinson, Drew Brees (longshot), Tiki Barber, and if healthy Ben Roethisberger.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Especially since the Panthers are 4-0 since Smith came back from the hammy.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Throw Mark Bulger and Torry Holt in the hat, too.

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Any chance we might see someone on defense be a contender? BTW, who was the last guy on D to win MVP? Ray-Ray?

7. Trey Beamon

Man, fuck those guys. [/inner DJ Stewy]

8. pallister

pallister Guest

LT definitely, and likely Brady because of name recognition. Brees is still a longshot, despite the great story in New Orleans.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

There are some great defenses this year, but right now no singl player really sticks out as the best. Even Urlacher, last year's Defensive POY, is not having a terrific season to this point.

Tommie Harris and Shawn Merriman are 2 of the top defenders so far off the top of my head.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Right now I rank it:
    1)Steve Smith
    2) Donovan McNabb
    3) Rex Grossman

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jake Delhomme & Julius Peppers, as well

12. Trey Beamon

Co-MVPs: Randy Moss and Dante Culpepper. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted