1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP: Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sure they do.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fixed. :)

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For as miserable as the Steelers looked that day, the Seahawks played much, much worse. And that's giving no consideration to the referees that day.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I wish the fish were biting like this the other day at the lake. ;)

5. outofplace

They probably weren't as bored as I am right now.

6. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

I love starting a good Steelers jack. Sorry, fellas, but 14 for 19 against Cincy's D is not exactly earthshattering. And weren't both TD passes against the Colts about 5 feet?

He nearly blew the Colts game by not successfully completing a HANDOFF to Bettis, then made the tackle. And if not for Kimo Vanderolderhoffenshclahger or whatever his name was cheapshotting Carson Palmer out in the first game, none of the remainder would have followed.

None of this has anything to do, of course, with the fact that if Cutler replaced Big Overrated on the Steelers, they'd be a far better team, no matter what shillbois like Oz and Oop might say.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

As Fred Sanford once said:

Dummy!

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Right. Because if Cutler's proven himself to be anything so far in his career, it's a proven playoff winner who makes his teammates better.

9. outofplace

Funny that you talk about bias when your own is showing so clearly. So is your ignorance. Roethlisberger carried the Steelers' offense in those three playoff games. The numbers show it and anybody with a clue who watched the games recognizes it. This isn't just the Steelers fans talking. Ask Simon.

One drive with the game on the line, I'll take Roethlisberger over Cutler with no hesitation and I think plenty of non-Steelers fans would agree.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Manning deserved the MVP, but the Manning of 2008 is not the Manning of 2004 with 49 TD passes.

The NFL had four straight years of consensus MVPs having stellar years (Manning, Alexander, Tomlinson, Brady). No one was at that level this year.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

Once?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Philip Rivers 2008 = Nolan Ryan 1988. Awesome averages, but no way he's winning an award with that record.

Draft saved Draft deleted