1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP - Brees or Rodgers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 2, 2012.

?

Who should win the NFL MVP, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers?

1. Drew Brees

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Aaron Rodgers

48 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He doesn't complete a higher percentage of passes. Brees set an NFL accuracy record this season, breaking his own record (which he had tied with Ken Anderson for).

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Brees also played a lot in garbage time and padded stats. His record-breaking performance was in a blowout.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I don't understand how anyone can say Brees looks more composed in the pocket or throws a prettier pass, using stats or the eyes. Unless they have only watched the Packers when they are on defense. I have seen Rodgers throw some tight spirals into ridiculous spots and his deep ball is as good as anyone.

4. Raiders

Raiders Guest

"Just Win, Baby."

Rodgers looks pretty composed doing that.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Brees is hot right now, so I can see where people who don't follow the game too closely would say he's the MVP. But Rodgers is having one of those transcendent seasons, in which stats alone are not the barometer of his greatness. Just like Manning in 2004 and Brady in 2007, Rodgers makes playing arguably the most difficult position in all of professional sports look easy. Brees, for all his gaudy numbers, still struggles at times and is prone to turnovers and an occasional bad game. Rodgers hasn't had a bad game all year.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seriously, if Matt Flynn tearing up the Lions JV tilts your vote more than Brees own bad games against the Bucs and Rams, you deserve my vote for Most Ridiculous Selective Analysis.

7. The Pats defense was respectable when Cassel was the QB. This year the defensive backfield was so bad that they had to have back-up receivers become starters. Huge difference between teams.

8. Johnny_Dakota

Johnny_Dakota New Member

Matt Flynn throwing six touchdowns in the new No Fuckingdefense League shouldn't diminish Rodgers' accomplishments one bit. If playing quarterback at the highest level was so easy, no one would be going 6-of-22 running a middle school offense.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees

The Pats defense is beyond terrible.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And the Packers' defense is a juggernaut. C'mon.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's a hell of a lot better than the Pats. I would also have no problem with Rodgers getting it, I think Brees is a distant third. Did Brady have a shitty year? Did i miss something?

12. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I can't figure out if Jordie Nelson is this good or if he's the beneficiary of a great system.

Draft saved Draft deleted