1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL messes with its shield

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Sep 3, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

As a Dolphins fan, when they first announced they were going to change the logo in 1997, I was aghast.
    Then when I saw it for the first time, I wasn't thrilled but over time I'm used to it and actually like it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a nice way of modernizing and cleaning it up a bit.
    That's what the NFL did and it looks fine.
    With time, we'll be used to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Change is part of life. People who resist change come off like bitter and inflexible National Leaguers who fear things like the designated hitter.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Personally, mess with the MLB logo and I'll be pissed. The NFL? Nothing major.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How the fuck is that subtle?

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

what the hell, i like the changes.

better football. lose the Summer of Love font. don't care either way on the stars.

and i think the darker blue is better. shows up better in print.

and i like jerry west in the nba logo, but it wouldn't kill me to see something new there, either. hell, that logo could be bob cousy just as well, even though we all know it's west.

tradition is nice, but new logos are nice also.

i'm just surprised and relieved that nike hasn't paid to force the swoosh in there somewhere.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

NBA should have changed its logo to Dr. J years ago. That sweet one-handed jam with the afro was the shiznit.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and that proves you hate america.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Because the NFL has referred to it as a "sheild logo." I'm not crazy about it, myself. Some things should stay the same. But they did not ask me, and I suppose I will get used to it (until the next time they want to change it again....In another 27 years or so).

Draft saved Draft deleted