1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL messes with its shield

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Sep 3, 2007.

1. I wouldn't have even noticed a difference if not for this thread ...

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sometime in the future some columnist will write ...

The NFL logo has fewer stars, and so does the NFL ...

... and we will all cringe.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I just thought, "but Eight is Enough"...and made myself cringe. Damn all this pop culture bullshit in my head! I can't remember my first girlfriend's nipples, but I can remember the names of moronic sitcoms! Cursed human cognitive dysfunction!

4. So I was right. You really just hate that the logo was changed. That's fine, I never said it needed to be changed, I was just saying it was more modern, which you can't seem to argue against. Maybe I'm just to young to give a rat's ass. I still think the old L was hideous, but what do I know?

5. 1. I never demanded anything or said that is should be more modern, I was merely explaining my previous comment that the new look was more modern.

2. I never thought it needed to be changed, but obviously a few people bitching on SportsJournalists.com isn't going to get it changed back, so what the fuck is the difference? I just don't see why someone would get all fucking freaked over the logo getting changed. It's not like the NFL is sleeping with your wife or something, it changed a fucking shield, which looks extremely similar, just more modern.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

speaking of classic logos, how long have you been back to the "retro" side saddle, or am i just blind?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm not getting the blocky letters which no longer will ever-so-slightly curve to tightly fill the bottom of the shield as looking more... "modern"

The Seahawks' Copperplate variation? That's definitely more modern.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We'll agree to disagree.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But the new shield HAS stopped all of that Michael Vick talk

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That new Seahawks eye looks much meaner. Old one looks like the hawk just got off a two-day bender and hasn't had a Starbucks yet.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would not have even noticed unless someone told me the NFL logo changed.

There is only one sacred league logo...

[​IMG]

Never get rid of Jerry.

I do not think I would even care if they messed with MLB's logo.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Fair enough. And the Seahawks logo is definitely an improvement.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not bothered at all by this change. In fact, I like it. Fewer stars cleans up the design and the football looks a lot better. As for it being a marketing tool...just don't buy the new gear. If you feel the need to buy new gear JUST because the NFL changed their shield, maybe you're the tool.

There are worse things to get riled up over: namely, those hideous referee uniforms.

Draft saved Draft deleted