1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Merchandise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The fonts were way, way off if your team doesn't use standard block letters and numerals. To boot, the Carolina Panthers' blue was what is used in Chapel Hill, which is powder blue. The Panthers' blue is an electric blue, a little more intense on the eyes.

I hope everything words, Madhavok, but I wouldn't trust that site any further than I could throw it. Good to hear, per Mizzou's post, that they will refund if there are issues.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting much. If it's close to being legit I'll keep it. If not, back it goes. Luckily (and hopefully), the Bills have pretty standard fonts and colors. When it gets here I'll give a review.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We bought Niners, Packers, Chargers, Broncos, Bears, Eagles and Patriots jerseys to give as gifts from them and all are top notch. You cannot tell the difference between these jerseys and the ones you buy at the stadium for $200 because they are the same jersey.

4. Madhavok

Got my tracking number and Chen says it's for USPS which cannot be right. First off: USPS in my area does not ship to physical addresses (All PO) and could have sworn during the checkout process there was no option to choose your shipping. Maybe he meant UPS?

So great. This going to be shipped and then returned and then back again.

5. Mizzougrad96

You'll have to pick it up at the post office. Or at least I did...

6. Mizzougrad96

The best way to do it is order in a group. If you order 20 or more, shipping gets waived and it ends up being $22 a jersey...

7. Madhavok

Crap. Well - I gave him my physical address because I assumed it was going by FedEx or UPS. But, I'll just track it to it gets shipped to my post office and see if they still have it on that day before sending back.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I believe that normally you have to pick up international packages at the post office. Due to customs and all that.

9. Mizzougrad96

I did the same thing. I gave them my home address. I tracked the package and they said they had delivered it to my house, but when I got home the only thing that was there was the claim slip and then I had to go to the PO to pick it up.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

So, the Texans emailed me back and said that the jacket Kubiak was wearing that night was a jacket from a previous year and is no longer available. Unless a store has a surplus. Which no one does. And we have checked eBay and can't find it there either. I want to email them back and tell them to buy the man a new jacket and to send me the old one.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's a little bit surprising. Usually when new stuff arrives, the equipment staff gets rid of everything that was already in the lockers. It's not like that was Kubiak's lucky jacket.

I can only conclude he was so smitten with the legendary three-zipper design that he issued orders to keep the old jacket.

12. Mizzougrad96

If Kubiak had a lucky jacket it was Orange and Blue and hasn't been worn in over a decade. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted