1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Merchandise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Aug 28, 2011.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll bet that jacket's part of the midweight collection and you'll see it on websites for sale within the next couple weeks. This time of year is when they pimp golf shirts, t shirts, caps and visors. Any kind of midweight or heavyweight clothing doesnt start appearing until September...usually.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Is it something like this? The Texans version, of course ...

[​IMG]

If so, be patient. I've been looking for a specific item for a week or so, and it looks like all new season's stuff is hitting the NFL Shop site every day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

MERCHANDISING!

[​IMG]

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That is EXACTLY it! Where did you find that??

6. BurnsWhenIPee

NFL Shop.com (or whatever the shop is you get to through nfl.com)

I was looking for something different there earlier yesterday, and checked again last night. This jacket wasn't there before, but was later in the day, so I'm guessing they are adding the inventory.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

For the record, it's called the Reebok (TEAM NAME) Sideline Midweight Jacket. If you Google it, there are a bunch of sites that say they have the Texans version, but they all appear out of stock at the moment.

Good luck. And I hope you REALLY like it, because at the NFL Shop, I think it's about $115.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Three zippers. I hope it comes with a detailed owners' manual.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I hope so, too. Especially since, if I get it, all my buddies are expecting me to carry around a challenge flag in one of the pockets. I will need to practice using them so that I have easy access.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding NFL merchandise and instead of making a new thread, I'll just ask here.

Going to pull the trigger on a new jersey today - haven't bought one in years and am weary on what size I should go with. I wear large T-shirts and polos, but I know with jerseys I do like them a bit bigger. 52 should be right around that? I've also read if you go authentic or with the premier ones.

Thanks

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A size 52 will be bigger, but that might be too big, even if you want a little more room.

I wear XL T-shirts and polos and I have ordered size 52s (some people might vouch for the fit of one jersey, anyway). Granted, I didn't want to look like a peg trying to hold up a jersey four sizes too big. You might find a size 50 to be plenty ... but in all fairness, I don't think you would be too far lost in a size 52.

Authentic vs. premier? Vote here would be authentic in a runaway.
    Advantages:
    -More items would be stitched onto the garment as opposed to screened.
    -Any jersey which has two or more colors in the digits and/or nameplate will be sewn separately onto the jersey. Most premiers have just one layer with some fake-looking crap filling in in the attempt to save money. In addition, authentics use tackle twill for the numbers and nameplate letters, and it has a better flexibility and feel than whatever is used with premiers.
    -Better-quality mesh for the body of the jersey, a heavier-duty yolk where mesh isn't used and the sleeves have a much nicer synthetic binding that are not found with premiers/replicas.
    -I would also bet it will last a lot longer, be sturdier in both wear and washing and is usually made of more heavy-duty materials.

Disadvantages:
    -Cost. Authentics are 2-3 times the money that premiers are.

If your player allegiances change faster than rush-hour traffic, a replica or premier (or two) might not be a bad way to go. If you know who your favorites are and suspect this jersey will last a while, spend the little bit of extra money and go authentic.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

People here mocked me when I started a thread for the place, but go to www.reebokdepot.com and you can get the stitched jerseys for about $20. We bought a ton of NFL jerseys that we'll be giving out for birthdays and Xmas and you cannot tell the difference between these and what you buy from the team. They're the exact same jerseys, just no middleman.

Draft saved Draft deleted